Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday 9 October 2012

What night time brings...

Today is day 9 of Blogtoberfest12 and I thought I'd share a poem I wrote the other day, summing up our nights at the moment!

image source

A splutter and a hacking cough, 
We wish we could turn it off!
A snuffle and a cry,
We are wondering how long in we can lie?
But this is what we signed up for,
before we became parent forever more.
So each of us makes a move,
To comfort one and for the other soothe.
We finally make it back to bed,
To get some sleep 
Because we know it's going to be a long night ahead. 

So now I am off to have another decaf coffee (yes, i know your thinking "go for the real stuff woman") and something really bad to eat (like a cream bun!!) to help me get through the day and hopefully have a better night tonight!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment