Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday 11 October 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I have linked up with Kate Says Stuff for Thankful Thursday and today I am thankful for my Mum.

My mum has been staying with us for the week and it couldn't have come at a better time. As my two boys grow, their demands on me get bigger as well, so it has been so lovely to have my Mum here to halve the load. When you are breast feeding a baby and your elder child wants your attention too, it is just so nice to have someone here that you trust to entertain and love you children without a fuss.

As I feel guilty for being so tired and needing an afternoon nap, my mum reminds me that I have been up half the night with a newborn, and having half my nutrients sucked out of me is going to dwindle my energy levels. Mum sends me to bed while she takes care of the house. I am thankful for not having to change nappies, do baths or clean up after tea for the week while she is here.

I am thankful that my children also get to go to the playground with their "Ma", hear her singing all the nursery rhymes that I can never remember, have picnics with her on our back lawn and have stories read to them before bed.


So Mum, thank you so much for all that you do for me and my family, we don't know what we would do with out you.

x



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Jess! Your Mum is a wonderful lady...she shall be renamed `Super Sandra!' X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous is Leanne and YAY!!! we can comment now...good luck with the little icon things :)

    ReplyDelete