Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday 7 October 2012

Be UNIQUE!

Two and a half years ago my hubby and I welcomed our eldest son into the world. After a shocking pregnancy of severe morning sickness for the whole 9 months, our little 6 pound, 2 ouncer came into the world without too much fuss.


But that soon changed, I remember the first night in hospital when he wouldn't settle unless he was upright and in my arms. I spent the night sitting up with both bedsides up and pillows all around me. I slipped in and out of sleep between mu sons cries and squirms.

It didn't get much better for the first three months of his life. He was a SCREAMER! My husband and I would take turns at night trying to get him to settle. We walked the length our hallway, tried him in the pram and running it over a bump and holding him this way and that to get him to sleep. All the while, my hubby and I would be saying to each other "what the hell is wrong with this child" and "what else can we do with him to get him to calm down"!

Yep - you guessed it he had reflux. Finally we heard about a kineseologist/ chiropractor in Adelaide that was known for his help with colicky babies, so we gave him a try, because really, what the hell did we have to lose! Now, this man is known as Dr God in our house because our son went from Master of the scream to Master of sleep within a couple of days.

Although our son was a lot more settled, he definitely still was a wiggly worm. He was always on the lowest percentile for his weight growth, which I of course worried about but after a while realised that, that was probably because he always moving! Even as a tiny baby he was kicking his legs and unable to sit still. Even now he is a skinny little kid and always on the move. That is just his make up.



Flash forward to 6 weeks ago when our little family welcomed our 7 pound, 14 ounce son into the world (a bit of a difference from our first - i can tell you, i felt it!!). He actually had fat rolls!

Although we have had some difficulties with baby number two, he has certainly been a much more settled little soul so far. I keep being amazed at the difference in our two little men. I can put our youngest son down and he actually goes to sleep where I put him. His legs actually stay still when he is being held and he feeds really well (our eldest son was such a fussy feeder).
People say it's because we are more relaxed as parents the second time round, which is probably partly true. I definitely was more uptight about getting our first son into a 4 hourly feeding routine and I also thought I could do it all on my own. This time round, I am feeding more on demand and I am much more accepting of outside help.


I also think though, that my boys are just completely different in their natures. I guess time will tell if this is the case. I love them both so much and am looking forward to showing each of them how unique they are in their own special way.

x

Don't forget I'm attempting to blog everyday as part of Blogtoberfest12, so I hope you can come back tomorrow for Day no. 8!


No comments:

Post a Comment